Giving to Grace
In Mark 12:41-44, there is a story of Jesus at the Temple.
As He is there, He notices the various people coming in and placing their money in the offering boxes. Lots of people are coming in and giving various amounts, but He points out a specific widow to His disciples because of her gift. Not because she gave a huge amount – her gift was actually very small; but because she gave all she had. Her desire to honor the Lord through giving is what was huge.
Giving is an act of worship, obedience, celebration, and thanksgiving to the Lord. It is one of the ways we can, as healthy disciples, acknowledge the kingship of Jesus Christ over all areas of our life, including our finances.
Our gifts are known as tithes and offerings. Tithe literally means “tenth” or 10%. A tithe is the act of giving the first 10% of the income we receive back to the Lord. An offering is anything given above and beyond that. A tithe is merely a starting point since we are ultimately called to live a life of generosity (Proverbs 11:25, 2 Corinthians 9:11).
Through the discipline of giving, we learn to put God first, we acknowledge that all things come from His hand (1 Chronicles 29:14), and we affirm our trust in God that He will supply all of our needs (Philippians 4:19). Giving is a personal choice. He desires that we do so willingly, and with joy and thanksgiving (2 Corinthians 9:7). The Bible also teaches that what we do with the resources we have received is a reflection of what is important to us (Luke 12:34).
Grace Alliance Chapel offers online giving as a resource for you. Online giving allows you to:
- Take a step of faith by deciding in advance to give faithfully.
- Simplify your life and the giving process. You don’t have to worry about forgetting your checkbook, finding a working pen, or wondering where an offering envelope is.
- Give consistently even when you are unable to attend the weekend worship service.
Here are some questions you may have regarding giving and Grace Alliance Chapel:
- How can I give? You can give by debit cards, credit cards (please only use credit cards if you pay them off each month), or automatic withdrawal (ACH). You can initiate a one-time gift or set it up as a recurring transfer. You can also give by cash or check in person. To give through Bill Pay or by mail, please send checks to: Mail or Bill Pay by check to 118-D Burrs Road Westampton NJ 08060- Make checks out to “Grace Alliance Chapel.”
- Is it safe? Absolutely. Our giving system is private and secure. We utilize an encrypted secure website for your online records. Online giving is more secure than giving with a check or cash because an electronic gift cannot be lost or stolen. The security of the system is continually managed by Planning Center Online.
- Are there any fees involved with giving online? Not to you. You will not pay any fees associated with an online gift.
- Is my gift tax deductible? Whether you give online or in person, your tithe/offering will be tax deductible as permitted by current law. You will receive a giving statement at the end of the year that you can use for tax preparation.
- Can I change my personal information or the amount or the frequency of my gift once I have set it up? Yes. You can change or cancel your contribution at any time before the date of your next contribution. Simply log in to the system using your user name and password and make the necessary changes.
If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for being a part of the mission of Grace Alliance Chapel. If you are ready to give online, follow the link above. Or, if you prefer, you may give in person during the weekend service. However you choose to do so, we thank you for partnering together with us to see the kingdom of God expanded!